Friday, October 2, 2015

Mexican Immigration

There is a problem with economic spending and illegal immigration.  I firmly agree that if the government is supporting someone they should be legal.  I know that all countries have a shady past and however bloody our's was I'm still proud to be an American...but I don't think we should ignore the irony of our current situation.



We are all Immigrants.  There is a great hypocrisy in saying that deporting the Mexicans will fix our problems.  If the Indians had said the same we would not even be here.  If they had built a wall or created stipulations and only those who followed could stay, America would never have been established. It is true that there are Mexican drug lords, there are Mexican criminals, and there are Mexican rapists (as Donald Trump vehemently puts it). On that note, looking back at our history the Europeans who immigrated and founded the country brought with them genocide, disease, and if that were not enough we stole their land in the name of freedom.

I love my country and I love the motto of  "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"...but I feel like somewhere along the line it turned into "Life, selective liberty, and the spread of hate". Sending all the Mexicans back to Mexico telling the documented ones they can come back and then building a giant wall to divide us is not what will make us great, it is what will make us supercilious.

I am not avid in politics and I don't know how to fix the economic issues we are facing and I can't offer any answers, but I do know about love, about peace, and about acceptance.  I know the power of hate and the destruction it can cause. We can not eradicate the evils that are going on with the spreading hate. Trump has a point, something does need to be done about this issue, but while listening to him speak on the immigration issues I am reminded of the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Here are two social experiments that were done to prove that Donald Trump's immigration speeches are spreading racial profiling, anger, hate, and the destruction of unity:






We can unite, we can stop the spread of racism and the stolen sense of superiority.  We can stop the hateful memes and angry comments that have taken over social media.  Trump is right, his plan will help with economic spending but it will not make America great.  It will justify hate crimes and racism by radicals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment